Chocolate Chip Carrot Almond Muffins
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free!)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips plus some for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the tins muffin pan (or spray with non-stick cooking spray)
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and then whisk in the carrot, milk, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until combined. Add the 1/3 cup chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
- Grease the tins muffin pan (or spray with non-stick cooking spray)
- Divide the batter between muffin tins
- Add a chocolate chip to the top of each muffin (I’ve been informed this is the most important part)
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes in their tins, then carefully remove and place onto a wire rack to cool completely
- These will freeze well (if you can get them into the freezer before they are all gone!)
If you amend this recipe in any way I would LOVE to hear what you did that worked. Please share in the comments below so we can all benefit from your courageous prowess!